Smackdown 1/15/21


 Smackdown this week was pretty good as usual. Starting off pretty strong with Jey Uso vs Shinsuke match. This match was really good from the jump. Jey Uso is really, really starting to come into his own as a singles competitor. It will be really hard for Jimmy to try and top his twin brother when he comes back because Jey is on a roll, despite the loss to Shinsuke. I believe Nakamura should be the contender for Roman, but that's another story for another time.

Bayley and her first show was ok. It survived in my opinion only because the Est Bianca was the first guest. Looking forward to the obstacle course next for those two.

Cesaro vs Bryan. As I said on my twitter account, these two always put on classics and last night was no exception. It's always very VERY physical with these guys, and I wouldn't like it any other way. I'm glad Cesaro finally came back to tv tho.

 This Corbin/Mysterio rivalry, I honestly could care less for, but hey if Rey Mysterio's son ends up somehow coming out as the true star of this little ''story'', then that would be good for the second generation superstar in the making.

At the end of the night, the contract signing was pretty intriguing. I mean we allll knew Adam wasn't going to fight Roman at the Rumble, but the way that this story was portrayed throughout the night was very well put together I admit. Adam faking some sort "leg" injury to Kevin Owens taking his place was no surprise for me. Roman's character just keeps getting deeper and deeper every week. He's definitely the godfather of the WWE. If there was a live physical crowd, this Heel would actually be getting cheered, I know it. He always carries the show, no matter what.

All in all, Smackdown just continues to prove why I love and still love show after all of these years. I don't care how good Raw was. Smackdown was on point!

Comments