WWE/NXT War Games Review 2020

 First and foremost, I just want to say that it felt good to just kick back, relax, and enjoy some fresh material for my eyes, instead of just watching Raw and Smackdown all the time; a nice breath of fresh air so to speak. Now for my review on last night's event. I thought it was pretty cool to watch some young and fresh faces that I never got to watch in action. The women's war games match was nice. It had a few spots in it that I enjoyed. The match itself didn't deliver like the men's version of the match, in my opinion. Obviously anyone who watches the product is familiar with the War Games concept, going all the way back to the WCW days. The women still have a lot of room to grow and shine, but the spot with Io Shirai jumping off the cage in a trash can humored me a little, but that was my favorite part of it. 

    The next match I believe was Timothy Thatcher against Ciampa. This match kind of dragged for me, Idk maybe it was just me. I don't know if it was because of the style of Thatcher or maybe that both guys were getting a feel for each other, but I didn't like that one as much. 

    The next match was the triple threat match. By the way, the big guy is weird to me seeing him move about the way he does. It was my first time seeing him in action so there's that. Now I actually thought that Leon Ruff was going to continue this little journey of his as the champ but JG had different plans...and some help from the "ghost men", who I thought were just lame, especially with the scream masks, I mean come on. I'm getting tired of these masks, get rid of them VINCE or TRIPS lol. I definitely enjoyed this match. It had a cool little moment with Ruff being razor's edged into the "audience". This match was a great way of continuing the heel run of Johny Gargano, I love it.

     The match with the long haired guy vs Dexter Luis I thought could have been better  and I don't know if they should continue with that feud after last night, but we'll see. The chemistry maybe has to be better, but like I said I have to get more familiar with these guys, the more that I watch them. It was an ok match.

    The final War Games match was the best of the night for me; mostly because there was a lot of crazy spots involved in this one. The leader of the heel team played his role very well and surprised everyone I'm sure with things that he was able to dish out and take. I was impressed. Those guys tore the house down and I'm not sure if this feud will continue or not, but I would not have a problem with it at all BABY.

    Take it easy on me as far as NXT reviews go guys. With this being my first blog on NXT, It will get better, I promise. 

        Thank you all who viewed this blog. I appreciate your support and your feedback. Stay tuned for my review on Monday Night Raw tonight!



Comments