WWE TLC 2020 Results Review

  


HOLY WOW TLC TLC TLC.

First of all. Great show tonight. Surprisingly the first match was the WWE Championship was on first. It was a pretty good back and forth bout. Adding the Miz to the equation I think was a bit soon. I think they could have him cash it in a little later than tonight. It would have made for a better cash-in and I think would have made the Miz look a little more stronger as a main eventer. With that said, I still kind of figured that Drew wasn't gonna lose tonight, but I like that there was a few close calls, thinking that he AJ was actually gonna win or the Miz, who by the way took too long getting up the ladder..leading to Drew retaining the title as expected.

Sasha Banks and Carmella put on a fantastic match as well. I was worried that the match itself wasn't gonna be as good, but once again, there was someone there ringside, looking to make Carmella win, which added a close call for Sasha. At one point I thought she was gonna tap to Carmella, but glad she didn't because Sasha doesn't need to lose the belt anytime soon. Another decent match.

Shockingly as I predicted, the Hurt Business upset New Day and won the titles. I didn't really know how this match would actually go, but it was pretty good. Cedric Alexander is stepping it up and this win for him personally was great for his career. I'm not sure if they would hold on to the belts long, but it's great that this match was for them tonight.

Nia and Shayna vs Asuka and Charlotte. Honestly, I could really care less for this one, mainly because once Charlotte was introduced, there was a shot when the camera switched to Ric Flair..when that happened, I already knew what was gonna happen. Now I know people say she wins alot and are tired of seeing her, but honestly the women's division needed her back, in particular RAW desperately needed it. This will at least help out the women because it has been soo stagnant as of late. So overall, it was a good thing, like it or not.

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens. I knew who would win this match, but still, I think this was the match of the night. The story told during the match was good. The facial expressions from both guys, Jey Uso, Paul Heyman mostly and also the expressions from the announcers sold the storytelling very well also. This was a dog fight from the very beginning. The resiliency shown early from Jey Uso with the ankle injury, the resilient Kevin Owens and the cold-hearted beast Roman Reigns, all played their roles great. I'm glad that this wasn't a boring and long match. Another close call, thinking that Kevin was going to win, twice, but Roman comes in with the low-blow, no DQ, so all legal, but that just adds more fuel to the fire on this continued rivalry. 

Speaking of fire, Randy Orton defeating the Fiend in a Firefly Funhouse Inferno Match was just WOOOWW. WOW, I mean I really wasn't expecting this to be a five star match from the jump, but MAN was it shocking. I was a little confused from the beginning of the match, because when the match started, there was no fire..so I'm wondering just like everyone else what the hell is going on. Both Randy and Bray were covered up, I didn't see any kind of structure around the actual ring to light it a fire, but it led to a great spot with the Fiend bringing the fire up to life..so nooowww I'm sure everybody was like ''Ahhh ok, Now I see". This was nice because Randy was making Bray look really strong for the most part, then Bray returned the favor for a while. The incredible close calls of this match, made this match, from the spot when Randy was in a gasolined filled rocking chair, almost catching on fire, until the very end when Bray caught on fire, technically ending the match,but still making Bray look strong for one final spot, before being put down with the RKO, and officially set completely on fire. I was wondering why this match went on last instead of the Roman-Kevin match, but we all found out why at the end. Not a spectacular match, but the build up to The Fiend finally setting the place on fire, to the mind-blowing spots that went on in this one, this match had that OMG feeling and in that aspect, it delivered. Congrats Randy.

Overall, this night of good clean competition, to the surprise factors, the close calls, the shocking moments and everything in between, it was an amazing night. The best PPV in the Thunderdome for WWE so far. Great Job. Keep delivering, please!!!!!!

Comments